Monday, April 18, 2011

Eduardo Salgado keeps son Omar grounded


Eduardo Salgado, father of Vancouver Whitecaps rookie Omar Salgado, has done a great job keeping his son grounded as he starts his professional career.

Omar Salgado, the No. 1 pick in the 2011 MLS SuperDraft, has received a lot of attention, but his father is glad his son is with the Whitecaps.

“I tell him, ‘You’re just like any other kid, you haven’t done anything yet, my friend,’” says Eduardo. “Right now, he has to make sure he helps his team be No. 1 in North America. Good things will come after that. I feel very comfortable with his team, his coaches, his teammates. I think it’s the best environment Omar could have to develop himself. My job is to make sure he keeps his feet on the ground.”

No comments:

Post a Comment