Monday, May 16, 2011

Evra - "I always knew we would win the title"

Patrice Evra never had any doubts Manchester United would prove themselves to be the best team in the Barclays Premier League.

Providing they avoid defeat at Blackburn on Saturday, United will be crowned champions for a record 19th time.

It was an outcome few were predicting in October, when Sir Alex Ferguson's side were in the middle of their early season struggles.

No doubt: Patrice Evra says he has been proved correct in his thinking that United would win the League again

No doubt: Patrice Evra says he has been proved correct in his thinking that United would win the League again

Evra countered them, by telling United's critics to wait before delivering their judgements. He insisted it was never a case of telling the fans what they wanted to hear. Now the France full-back has been proved correct.

'I remember saying you had to pay the musician at the end of the show,' he told MUTV. 'I believed in that. I wasn't just saying it to look good in the newspapers. I said that because I believed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment