Monday, April 26, 2010

Jozy says he's sorry


U.S. striker Jozy Altidore, whose headbutt left Sunderland's Alan Hutton with a broken nose, chipped tooth and cut eye, has apologized via Twitter for his "stupid and immature" ejection in Hull City's crucial 1-0 loss to Sunderland.

Wrote the 20-year-old, "I'm so sorry about yesterday. Made a stupid, immature and costly mistake. I apologize to Hull City and the fans who I let down. I let my emotions get the best of me and lost my composure. Believe it or not this year playing for Hull was to date the best trip I've ever been on."

A three-game ban means the on-loan Altidore will not play for City again. He headbutted Hutton, who was also red-carded, after the Sunderland player threw the ball at him. Sunderland is appealing Hutton's red card.

No comments:

Post a Comment