Monday, January 24, 2011

USA 1 - Chile 1


The United States opened their 2011 schedule in Carson, California on Saturday night with a 1-1 draw against Chile. Esteban Paredes scored the opening goal of the game in the 54th minute and 59th minute substitute Teal Bunbury answered for the USA with a 74th minute equalizer. After a first-half where the teams traded yellow cards and little more, US coach Bob Bradley substituted starting goalkeeper Nick Rimando for Sean Johnson and eventually made four other changes to his squad including subbing Bunbury on in place of Chris Wondolowski. Photo Gallery

“They were just telling us to go in there and try to make an impact," Bunbury said. "I was feeling confident going into the game. They were trying to pressure us and really go forward. I felt like as a team we did really well to attack and take advantage of what they were giving us. I knew that I wanted to make a difference. I wanted to make an impact. I feel like everyone stepped it up in the second half.”

The United States returns to action on February 9th against Egypt in Cairo.

No comments:

Post a Comment