Monday, November 22, 2010

Mourinho hails 'fantastic' Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson









Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has hailed Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson as "fantastic" and believes that they have a number of things in common.

On the occasion of the LMA Hall of Fame Dinner 2010 in London in which he was the Guest of Honour, Mourinho told Madrid's official website of his admiration for the Red Devils boss.

"Alex Ferguson is fantastic," said Mourinho."We belong to completely different generations, but it doesn't seem so when we are together because we have many things in common.

"Every time we face each other, whether I win or he does, we end up embracing and having a little wine to celebrate our great friendship."

The Portuguese also expressed his gratitude towards former England boss Sir Bobby Robson, saying: "Bobby Robson gave me a great opportunity to work with him when I was practically a child in the world of football.

"I was able to work at great clubs with great players and I learned a lot. It helped me prepare better for the career I wanted to have as head coach. Naturally, I will never be able to forget him."

No comments:

Post a Comment