Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Once the Special One, Always the Special One


More on Mourinho - from Dave Smith of GiveMeFootball.com, who shares some of the unique quotes from the man who is the self-proclaimed 'Special One'.

It wasn’t pretty and, at times, it bordered on the cynical of Italian defending of old, but it was clever and Jose Mourinho can rightly claim to have won a crucial Champions League tactical battle over rival Carlo Ancelotti.

Inter followed their coach’s instructions to the absolute letter and humble victor Mourinho said: “I am not saying Inter are better than Chelsea. What I am saying is that, in this game, Inter were by far the better team. They were perfect.”

Mourinho just about managed to keep his euphoria in check when Samuel Eto’o scored the goal which sealed the tie 11 minutes from time and, to his credit, he made a swift exit down the tunnel seconds before the final whistle signalled a famous Inter victory.

He admitted that he did ‘celebrate very hard’ behind the closed doors of the Inter dressing room afterwards but, publicly, he displayed all the respect and compassion we have come to expect from a man who still harbours a desire to return to Chelsea one day.

Mourinho added: “I am not happy because my ex players are not happy, Roman is not happy and the Chelsea fans are going home sad. I am happy with our happiness but I'm not happy about their unhappiness."

He continued: “Sometimes in football you win because you're lucky. Sometimes you win because you are the best team. Sometimes you win because you were the best team from the first to the last minute. That team was my team and my players.

"I'm not very happy because they (Chelsea) lost. I'm very happy because my players are happy, my supporters are happy, my president is happy and because I worked so much for this game.”

No comments:

Post a Comment