Monday, March 15, 2010

Donovan Stint in England a Success


After a successful 10-week stint with Everton, Landon Donovan proved to soccer fans all over that he belongs among the world's elite.

Donovan appeared in 11 matches for Everton in English Premier League action, and reflected back on what the experience meant.

"Those closest to me know how important this was to me personally," Donovan said. "I've proved to myself that I can play against any player in the world and that's a pretty cool thing to think.

"Where I came from as a young boy, I didn't have soccer on TV and I didn't know any teams in the world outside of Manchester United or Real Madrid. To come to this point and do what I'm doing is pretty special."

Donovan struggled on loan at Bayern Munich last year, but says he has now "proved to myself that I can play against any player in the world."

"It wasn't easy in Germany, for a lot of different reasons," Donovan told Everton's Web site. "It would be easier to say that it was because they didn't do something, but I came here this time with a different mindset."

No comments:

Post a Comment