Saturday, March 27, 2010

Davies Out To Prove People Wrong


Charlie Davies said in a news conference recently that the next three weeks will be important in his bid to return to action this season with French club Sochaux and hopefully make the U.S. World Cup team.

He has resumed training at Sochaux and spoke on Friday, five months after the serious car accident in Virginia that left him with multiple injuries, and said he is "closer and closer to being back."

"It's great to prove people wrong," he said. "It just adds more fuel to the fire when people tell me, `There's no way you're going to be back for Sochaux this season. There's no way you're going to be in the World Cup.' It really speaks volumes to how much I want it."

Since returning to France and completing a rehab program, Davies started an individual training program.

"I've done technical training," he said. "Just individual, not team stuff. I don't have any pain anymore. That's a big positive. I'd say the most difficult is maybe just to get fit again. I started running, and it was difficult just to get my fitness back. But I'd say in three days I already got it back. I can run now without getting so tired
."

No comments:

Post a Comment