Thursday, February 25, 2010

USA 2 - El Salvador 1


Wet conditions at Tampa's Raymond James Stadium did the United States National Team no favors on Wednesday night against El Salvador. In a game where the US dominated position and chances, they couldn't get their shots to fall. El Salvador made things worse, with Rudis Corrales scoring in the 59th-minute.

The USA continued to press and create chances in the El Salvador box, finally connecting with the head of second-half substitute Brian Ching who equalized in the 75th-minute. In the second minute of stoppage time, Sacha Kljestan took the ball at the top of the penalty area, played a one-two, and scored.

“We have some things to talk about,” US coach Bob Bradley told ESPN when asked about which of these players might make the roster against Holland. “But certainly it was nice to see Brian Ching come on the field in the second-half and I thought he played well…. I thought Sacha Kljestan had a good first-half… didn’t think the second was as good for awhile, but it finished real well.”

"I feel like in the January and February camps I tried my hardest just to get back in the team," Kljestan said. "And prove to myself, prove to the teammates and prove to the coaching staff that I want to be here and deserve to be here and can be a positive for the team. I think the game against Honduras wasn’t my best but I think tonight I played a little bit better and I hope to continue to get a chance to move on and be a part of the team.”

No comments:

Post a Comment