Monday, May 10, 2010

Evra's High Expectations


Patrice Evra is regarded as one of the best left backs in the world, both as a standout for Manchester United and for France.

Evra had won the English Premier League in each of his first full three seasons at Old Trafford, and despite captaining the team in their Carling Cup title and finishing a point behind Chelsea this season, Evra has a clear understanding of the expectations at Manchester United.


He said: "I always say when we don't win the Premier League it feels like I have not done my job for the team. When you play for Manchester United you must always win.

"In four (full) years with Manchester United this was the first time I have never won the league and I feel strange. To finish second is good but it is not my mentality."

He added: "I am very proud about that (the Carling Cup win). I was in good form and everyone has congratulated me on my season.

"It is not just about playing, it is about performing and I performed for 51 games.

"But every year I play for Manchester United I want to win. Here you have to be first.

No comments:

Post a Comment