Friday, January 29, 2010

TEAM - Together Everyone Achieves More


Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney seems to follow the belief that "Together Everyone Achieves More - TEAM.

Rooney, who already has 21 goals under his belt, insists that Manchester United is not a one-man team.


"I don't look on us as a one-man team or see it as a great burden on me, it's nonsense. If I don't get the service, I can't score. If I don't, I expect others to, and we've done that well. We've shared the goals out well and it's certainly not just about me. We expect to win as a team, not as individuals," Rooney said.

"It's so important to get the support of others when you're playing up front on your own, or it can be pretty lonely up there. Those who said I'm not an out-and-out goal-scorer are probably right," Rooney said.

"I always feel I could score more. I didn't used to get that many from inside the six-yard box in previous seasons. But I've worked on my movement to create space and it's paying off. "So far this season I've managed it - in fact I can't remember a goal I've scored from outside the box and those tap-ins are down to the whole team, not one player," Rooney added.

No comments:

Post a Comment