Thursday, December 10, 2009

Respect Demanded in England Locker Room


There are certain expectations in a successful locker room, and according to England manager Fabio Capello in an interview with The Sun, it starts with having respect for the group.

Capello said: "I don't accept lack of respect. That means be on time, respect the dressing-room code and table manners. They are necessary rules to create a group. Functioning in this manner at clubs that I managed has always given results."

"So I apply the same in the England national team."

"You must have respect for the people who work - even those with more modest jobs, the guy who brings the papers, the guy who washes the kit."

"I tell my players: 'Would you like it if somebody spoke badly to your father or your brother? You must never forget that'."

"Would it seem normal to you that 25 people are kept waiting by one person alone?"

"Should people use their mobiles in the dressing room? That's the only time when you can be together as a group."


http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2766981/Fabio-Why-I-demand-respect.html

No comments:

Post a Comment