Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sour Taste In My Mouth


I always tell players to be weary of players or teams that want to win more than you do - that are playing with something to prove.

If that is the case, look out for the University of Virginia in the College Cup this weekend. A nucleus of their senior class were at the College Cup as freshmen, where they were eliminated by UCLA - that experience left a sour taste in the mouth of some of their players, and should give them a swagger heading into this weekend.

Virginia senior Neil Barlow, on the idea of returning to the College Cup after being eliminated in the semifinals as a freshman-

"It feels awesome to go back. I still have a sour taste in my mouth from that semifinal game against UCLA my freshman year. I remember walking off that field feeling terrible; I wanna go back."

No comments:

Post a Comment