Monday, August 16, 2010

Courtship of Bradley Raises US Credibility


Bob Bradley rumors to Aston Villa continue to swirl, and as Michelle Kaufman of the Miami Herald writes, Bradley's rise to coaching prominence only adds more credence to the fact that American coaches (as well as American soccer) has come a long way.

Is a U.S.-born coach ready to take on an English Premier League club? Heck yes. Why not?

U.S. World Cup coach Bob Bradley is one of the leading candidates to replace Martin O'Neill at Aston Villa, and nobody's laughing.

Sir Alex Ferguson, the beloved Manchester United manager, has been heaping praise on Bradley. He backed Bradley for the opening at Fulham a few weeks ago, saying: ``I think he would do well [in England]. I like Bob, I like his approach. I think he has a steely determination about him, and he goes into a lot of detail in his coaching. I think he did a fantastic job, and I am surprised the USA have not sprinted to his house and given him a new contract, I must say.''

ON RIGHT TRACK

That, right there, is proof that American soccer has come a long way. The fact that soccer reporters on both sides of the pond were chasing rumors of Bradley's potential hiring Friday afternoon says a lot.



1 comment:

  1. Bradley sucks as a coach. He should have been fired a long time ago. I hope he goes to the EPL and we can finally be rid of him. Then we can hire a REAL coach like Jurgen Klinsmann to take us to the next level.

    ReplyDelete