Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Young credits O'Neill for his improvement


Two key components to the resurgence of Aston Villa this season have been the play of winger Ashley Young, and the management of Martin O'Neill.

When it comes to Young's success at Villa Park and with the English National team, he credits O'Neill with instilling the confidence needed to make it at this level.

"My belief has improved under the manager. He installs that confidence in you," Young told the club's official website.

"He gives you the desire to go out there and try and do well and impress. As a winger, he gives you freedom to go and attack. That's fantastic."

"My self-belief has improved so much under him. Since I have been at Villa I have won Player of the Month a few times and I have gained international recognition."

"I was in the team of the season too - that's all down to him."

"His man-management skills are spot on. All players are different and he realises that."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5062909,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment