Sunday, February 22, 2009

The truth comes out


As to be expected from former Manchester United legend, Roy Keane breaks his silence about why he unexpectedly resigned his post as manager at Sunderland earlier in the season.

Commenting on a falling-out with the club's American-based majority shareholder Ellis Short with Graeme Bailey of Sky Sports, Keane referenced how things changed quickly in the relationship.

"Then there were accusations about how often I came in, about moving my family to Sunderland. And it was the tone. I couldn't give my heart and soul with this fella on my shoulder," said Keane.

It also sounds like we have not seen the last of Keano, as he comments about football 'being in his blood'.

"What did he (Sir Alex Ferguson) think I was going to do? Go backpacking around Mexico? I have five kids. Football is in my blood, I'd just had enough at Sunderland."

No comments:

Post a Comment