Monday, February 23, 2009

Solskjaer turns down Norway job offer


Former Manchester United great Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has apparently turned down the opportunity to manage his national team side of Norway, as reported by ESPN SoccerNet and Norway News.

Solskjaer, 38, was wildly popular as a player at Manchester United, and is now the reserve team coach at United. Give him credit for being able to chart the right course on his career map.

''I didn't think it was the right time for me to accept the job, although obviously it was an honour to be asked,'' the 38-year-old told TV2. ''I'm working at Manchester United and my coaching career is on the right path. Obviously it would have been exciting to take a much bigger job than the one I have, but right now I've agreed to do the job I have at United."

No comments:

Post a Comment