Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Castillo interested in playing for US


Former USYSA Region IV ODP member Edgar Castillo, who recently competed for the Mexican Under-23 national team in last year's Olympics qualifying, revealed in an article on USSoccerPlayers.com that he would be interested in playing for the United States.

The heralded left back for Tigres said recently he’d be willing to take advantage of a new FIFA rule allowing players cap-tied at the youth National Team level to switch National Teams.

“I would play for the United States,” Castillo said during a recent phone interview from Mexico, where he is preparing for the upcoming Mexican League season with Tigres. “I’d want to talk to them first, but I want to play for the US. I think it would be a very good opportunity for me, for my career. If they call me I would play for them."

No comments:

Post a Comment