Monday, December 19, 2011

Dempsey continues goal scoring for Fulham

Fulham has won four English Premier League games this season, and each time Clint Dempsey has scored. Dempsey added to his American career record with his 38th EPL goal and an assist for Fulham in its 2-0 win over Bolton Wanderers on Saturday.

Paul Kennedy of Soccer America reports on the American record-setting goal scorer.

Dempsey scored on a powerful header off a cross from Ruiz for his sixth EPL goal of the season and then two minutes later sprung the Tico, who lobbed Bolton keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen.

The win left Fulham tied for 11th in the EPL after 16 games. With the Cottagers eliminated from the Europa League on Thursday when they couldn't beat Danish club Odense, their attention is now firmly on the EPL.

"It is what it is,” Dempsey told talkSport. “We’re out of the Europa League which we’re frustrated about but we want to do as well as we can do in the league and finish in the top half. And we’ve got the FA Cup, and hopefully we can go on a nice run in that so those are the things we’ve got left to play for and we’re going to do our best to have a good season."

Dempsey says he's happy at Fulham, which he joined five years ago.

“I’m happy here,” he added, “I’ve had some of my best times here. I still have this season and another left [on my current contract] and I am looking forward to making the most of my time where I am at. Like I’ve said before, some of my best memories in football have been at Fulham.

No comments:

Post a Comment