Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Be careful about locker room bulletin board material


Unfortunately for Slaven Bilic, the Croatian coach didn't heed that warning prior to sending out comments that have ended up in the England team locker room.

As Matt Hughes of the Times Online reports, Fabio Capello has thanked Slaven Bilic for giving England all the motivation they need to win tonight's World Cup qualifier at Wembley.

The Croatia coach has dismissed England as a “flawed” team still scarred by the 3-2 home defeat against his side that cost them a place at last year's European Championship and Capello is convinced that Bilic's criticism has made his job easier.

“I'm very grateful to Mr Bilic because I don't need to motivate my players for the match,” said the England manager, whose team will secure a place in South Africa with victory this evening. “Thank you Mr Bilic.

“He tried to provoke a reaction and it is the best. I have no need to motivate my players after this. It's fantastic assistance. My players are very determined, so thank you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment